HOW TO GUIDE
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SKETCHING YOUR FLOOR PLAN
Get your FREE Graph Paper
1. Starting your sketch
- Start using a corner of you graph paper (or any other).
- Try to keep spaces in proportion relative to each other and use the scale provided.
2. MEASURING ROOMS
- Start measuring the widest parts of the room to gain its main dimensions.
- Add the room dimension in a clear way to avoid being cluttered with the other line work.
- Name the rooms clearly and put all dimensions on your sketch.
- Don’t forget to represent all the doors and windows cleary adding the right amount of each one in every room.
- Indicate all the kitchen and bathroom areas in a clear way. Use the symbols for reference.
3. FINAL CHECKS
- Please check all the details, making sure all the rooms and dimensions are correct .
- If you’re not 100% sure, don’t worry, send us anyway and we’ll get back to you if we have any questions.
4. SENDING YOUR PROJECT/IMAGE
- Once your finish your sketch, make a good quality scan or photo. Make sure that the scan or photo is clear and easy to ready.
Still Confused about it?
Download here an instruction pdf.
Ready to Start?
LUIZ ANDRE DIAS
CEO – JLM Constructions – Brazil
”Haus Floor Plans was the only company that managed to capture our idea in the first attempt, without wasting time. They are transparent, very professional and attentive to the smallest details.
If you have a Floor Plan Service that needs done on time and on budget I strongly recommend that you go to Studio Haus.”
Sales Team – Property Drumond
”We use Haus Floor Plans for all our listings. Their services are fast and easy, with great quality and price.”
OWNER – G2 Investments – Brazil
”I have been a client of Haus Floor Plans for about 4 years. At the time, I was searching for a reliable company and I found at Studio Haus the services I was looking for. They are quick and efficient to respond to requests for help at any time of the day.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are Floor Plans important for your Marketing Strategy?
Because buyers love floor plans. They can help listings stand out from the crowd, generate more inquiries, and convert those into viewings. They also can help sell properties quicker. Did you know that 1 in 5 buyers would ignore a property listing completely if didn’t include a Floor Plan?
They want to see the property layout, to visualize the flow of the rooms, how they fit in relation to other rooms and picture their furniture inside the home.
Can you Redraw a Floor Plan?
Yes. You can take a photo of your floor plan, hand a sketch on a piece of paper, or upload your architect’s CAD files. Plans can be drawn to scale if you provide the measurements or the plan is already to scale.
How long will my project take?
Design time depends on the number of floor plans and properties involved in the project. Single property projects generally take 2-5 business days to receive proofs. Rush projects can have proofs ready as quickly as 1-3 business days.